The research program at AIMS-Senegal is supported by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research via the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). They act as partners in the project to promote networking between AIMS Senegal and German universities as well as with other AIMS Centres.
The Humboldtian Mouhamed Moustapha Fall is the endowed Chair in Mathematics and its Applications at AIMS Senegal funded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. His research interests are: linear-nonlinear Partial Differential equations, with a particular focus on free boundary Constant Mean curvatures hypersurfaces, Isoperimetric inequalities involving perimiter and eigenvalues on Riemannian manifolds; Hardy and Hardy-Sobolev inequalities; qualitative properties of (relativistic) Schrödinger equations and over determined problems.
To create a research environment and provide all accompanying facilities.
To integrate research with postgraduate training and the development of young researchers.
To provide a space for mathematical scientists to work together and interact with local researchers and AIMS students.
The research activities include:
Organization of workshops, conferences, summer schools jointly with national and international universities/institutions in AIMS Senegal.
Supervising PhD students working as assistant of the chair and participate in the academic activities (doctoral courses, workshops, conferences etc) in the University Cheikh Anta Diop of Dakar and the University of Frankfurt in Germany. The PhD program is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Opportunities at the AIMS Chair in Mathematics:
With the funds of the chair holder provided by the Alexander von Humboldt foundation and within the agreement between DAAD and AIMS Senegal, the following opportunities are available:
- Short research visit (1-2 weeks) to AIMS Senegal are welcome.
- Research in pairs initiative: 2-4 weeks visits by the Senegalese researcher and a local research partner from another university or an international research partner or Ph.D or postdoctoral student.
- Co-op organization of short courses and conferences and workshops
Students in the mathematical sciences wishing to pursue study in the research areas mentioned above, may apply to register for Ph. D in the Chair in Mathematics. All good and relevant research proposals are considered.
Please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
National collaborators: Research laboratories in the Universities of Senegal such as LMDAN; LANI; LGDA
- Professor Tobias Weth (University of Frankfurt, Germany)
- Professor Andrea Malchiodi (SISSA/ISAS, Italy)
- Professor Enrico Valdinoci (Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics, Germany)
- Professor Susanna Terracini (University of Torino, Italy)
- Professor Frank Pacard (Centrede Mathematiques Laurent Schwartz, Ecole Polytechnique-CNRS, France)