26 August 2016
Despite efforts made by scientists to communicate their research during conferences and workshops, the information rarely reaches information users or policy makers. This workshop sponsored by the British Council through the Academy of Science South Africa and hosted by AIMS South Africa is aimed at equipping researchers with communication and engagement skills allowing them to communicate with different stakeholders at all stages of research.
Researchers, PhD students and Research Master’s students.
- Prof Bruce Bassett – “Skills and communication for scientists outside of Academia”
- Marina Joubert – ” What does it take to become an engaged researcher”
- Thakane Ntholi – ” Preparing presentations for a diverse audience”
- Savannah Nuwagaba – “Personal impact and emotional intelligence”
- Rebecca Helman and Ephifania Geza – “ Policy briefing and press release”
- Yasmin Hankel and Noluvuyo Hobana – “Networking skills, branding and social media”