The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship gives you the confidence, resources, knowledge, network, and financial support to build a startup with an impact.
For African students and recent grads with a desire to solve pressing problems and bring
entrepreneurial ideas to life.
The proven winning formula: Combine students and recent grads with a willingness to learn,
take risks, and commit themselves fully with best-in-class entrepreneurship training from the
Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre.
The result? Leaders with the exceptional entrepreneurial skillset and mindset to drive social and
● Business bootcamp delivered by Queen’s University faculty and industry leaders who
bring decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience
● The Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework, a proven step-by-step framework for
scalable startups developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
● Pitch coaching and mastery
● Certificate awarded for 100% completion of DDQIC’s essential entrepreneurship training
Global Visibility and Network:
● Liaise with mentors and speakers leading innovation and entrepreneurship in North
● Access a Global Network of Queen’s entrepreneurial alumni
● Join a cohort of thousands of like-minded students and recent grads from across Africa
● Fellows are matched to industry leaders and entrepreneurs in the final phase of the
● Receive feedback at important startup milestones
● 15 Fellows will receive a stipend of $500 CAD
● Opportunities to pitch for funding in Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre seed
Applications for the 2022 program are open! You can apply for the program by filling out the survey below: https://queensu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a9Rt3D6OFjFb3sG
For more information about the programme please click here